Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Here are some concept designs I did for one of my classes. They are layouts for a background I will eventually use in storyboarding a short scene with characters in the post below.

I was going for; when technology and the enviroment fuse together (Technorganic). I am pretty happy with the drawings and compositions, but I didn't really acheive the look i was... well looking for. I was going for more of a Samurai Jack feel, (pictures at the bottom of the post). You can see some of the stuff I tried to incorporate into my own work.






Here are the Jack refrences I was looking at, among others. This show is awesome, best art direction for a TV show ever.

1 comment:

Tim 2 said...

These are awesome Josh, I love the depth of your environments.

The art direction you are talking about reminds me of the work of Eyvind Earle, the painter who did the design for Sleeping Beauty, check out his work!

Keep it up, post more!