Thursday, October 4, 2007

FOSTER'S HOME CHARACTER TEST

When I was interning on Foster's they gave me a character test as an excersize. I didn't like any of the stuff I came up with on my first pass, so I tried again. This is what I came up with.

Craig McCracken has had such a huge influence on my style, especially my work post-internship. I find myself doing a lot of; eyes lying flat on the head, and not overlapping. As opposed to say, Spongebob-esque opticals, which, about 4 months ago, I would draw for every character.


Below; Eye's flat on head/body. No overlap.




Above: Eye's have volume. Overlap.

1 comment:

Trevor Thompson said...

your art style reminds me of frank tashlin's later angular style. in fact, he had a name for it which currently escapes me.

he discusses it in his book. i think i saw it on amazon.

- trevor.

ps: where's the storyboard for 'what's opera doc?'