Friday, January 23, 2009

MARVELOUS MISADVENTURES

I started working on Flapjack this week. The guys were kind enough to bring me on board to do storyboard clean-up and revisions for them. I've only been on for a couple days, but it's such a fun show to be a part of.The crew is great, and the board I've been given to revise is hilarious.


We finally got all our animation back from overseas for Manny and Khan. They did an amazing job with it. We had an incredible timer, Robert Alvarez, who translated our storyboard into real time. Alvarez has had an incredible career in animation and brought a boatload of experience to our short (which helped cancel out the lack of experience Joey and I came in with). He wasn't just a timer for us, he was also a mentor. He is a bottomless well of knowledge and was nice enough to share every last drop with us.

It was his birthday this week, so I made him this little card;

4 comments:

Larry Levine said...

Great drawings, wishing you much success with Flapjack!!!

Brubaker said...

Sounds awesome! Congrats, for both on the short and for Flapjack.

greg said...

Hey, you busted through! Twice! Way to go!

Joseph Giardina said...

Robert Alvarez = Awesome

and I am seriously thinking about bringing the mustache back...