Sunday, June 22, 2008

FORMALLY GNORMANDY; THE FORM OF GNORM THE GNOME

Below is the model sheet for Gnome we put in our pitch packet. His design stayed relatively close to the first few concept drawings I did, and over a 6 month period of re-drawing and tweaking, it was boiled down to the economic state seen below. I was lucky enough to have Andy Bialk, a very talented artist and super nice guy, look at the first few passes of Gnome at which point he made some great suggestions, specifically on ways to unify the overall graphic/flat style of the form.

I think Gnome's probably the best character design I've done to date.



Earlier design (for reference):
The short formally known as:

PS: The 'BFF' stands for 'Best Fucking Friends".
We also did a few little vignettes, scenes from some of the episode ideas we came up with, to give the guys a feel of the show.

5 comments:

GREEN STICK PRODUCTIONS said...

yeah! i'd pay to watch that!

Larry Levine said...

Great drawings! You should adapt it into a webcomic.

James Sutton said...

I hope there's some Gnome chucking in this.

Every cartoon that has Gnome in the name needs people being chucked into windows.

Josh 'Hat' Lieberman said...

I'm sure there will be chucking, however unfortunately there will be no windows, so...
But our short isn't "Big Foot and Gnome' anymore, we had to change both of the characters. We can't put our new designs up yet.

dm designs said...

I'm about to feature your gnome design (with a link back) in my TOP TEN :) love it! Take a peak (it will be up shortly).

http://danimariedesigns.blogspot.com/