Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008 WAS GREAT, 2009...DAMN YOU LOOK FINE

Happy new years people.
Coincidentally, its also my Blogday! I started this blog exactly 2 years ago while cooped up in my pasty-walled dorm room on a hot and humid day in Savannah Georgia.

2008 has been pretty good to me. I've been very fortunate thus far in my young career to have an opportunity to work with some incredible people, and I want to send a big "thanks" to each and every one of you. So now we part ways 2008, but I will never forget you.

2009, I look forward to what you have to offer. If you're anything like your younger brother, I can't wait to hang out with you. Hopefully soon you'll all get a chance to see "The Awesome Chronicles of Manny and Khan" a short I've been working on for the past 6 months with my good friend Joey Giardina at Cartoon Network.
Above is a little sneak peak at the awesome chronicles.

Below; some doodles i've drawn over the last couple weeks. I was blog browsing back in 2008 and came across someone's fan pokemon they created (I can't find the link anymore), but they were really great and creative and inspiring, so I thought I'd give it a go and try to create my own pokemon.




I'm not sure if they look like 'pokemon' or if they look like me trying to do pokemon?









This last page is my favorite I think.

On a side note, in the most recent issue of Animation Magazine, they spotlighted "a day in the life of Craig McCracken" (very well deserved). And if you look closely at the spread, you might just see a familiar face... or hat.


Below: At 3:15, that's me. In my conductor cap. Choo Choo.

And fittingly enough, the article is on page 72, my number.

2009, I know we've only just met, but I think I love you.

6 comments:

Larry Levine said...

Hi Josh, Great sketches.

Happy New Year!!!

Mike Terry said...

Like the doodles! Happiness to the new year!

flightless said...

Whoa! Awesome sketches!

'Member me? You gave me some advice a while back? LOL. :D

I hope I can be as good as you someday! :)

Mukpuddy said...

Awesome work dude!!

Jay Fabares said...

love the sketches! esp the ... medical-guinea pig thingy (the rodent thing with the 'redcross' on his face!)

fakemon are the best type of pokemon!

and thanks for the sneek peek!

Jay Fabares said...

lol- a battery? totally awesome... is it okay if I play with your design a bit? i wanna try my take and color it (prob a duracell look). i can send you a pic when done? anyways- hope all is well! later!