Monday, January 8, 2007

Forest

This is a character I created named Forest.

I was trying to come up with a completely original character design (which is pretty much impossible considering your work is a reflection of everything you've seen before). None the less, I tried... and came up with Forest.
One friend told me that I had done it, that this character is like nothing he has ever seen before.
Like with Samson, I don't have a difinitive Forest yet. I'm not sure which hands I like best yet, but I imagine him looking pretty much like this.



To go along with him, I was trying to do some designs using shapes and body strucutres I normally don't use, or no one normally uses. I consider drawing to be my weakness acutally, next to writing, so i've been trying to push my limits in terms of drawing.
I may post some of those other desings I've been experimenting with later.
A few are on the bottom of this page here.

No comments: